Welcome to my blog, hope you enjoy reading
RSS

Sunday, February 7, 2010


Thing #5

I enjoyed learning more about Flickr and I must say I was pleasantly surprised at how user friendly and accessible the site is for participants. I am so intrigued by the whole social networking arena, that I see how Flickr is yet another avenue for sharing with others. In this case it helps people to connect with others through the medium of pictures. Flickr makes it so easy to look up specific categories through using the tags and groups. I was amazed at the availability of so many useful pictures in the Creative Commons. I can definitely see how this would be a useful tool in a classroom. I teach a specialized unit for students with autism and I find it difficult to incorporate this form of technology into my lessons. So I decided to choose a subject that is dear to my heart, dachshunds. I chose an adorable picture of a dachshund celebrating his second birthday shared by Lian Chin. I also have a dachshund and love watching the antics of my little guy. I also enjoyed reading about the professor who used the site to create a lesson on sharing pictures of architectural design. What a great idea for collaborating with other students, teachers, etc.

1 comment:

VWB said...

please look at your post and place Thing #5 in the title bar...currently you have it typed in the post box and it makes the post come up as "title unkknown"...

Post a Comment