Welcome to my blog, hope you enjoy reading
RSS

Friday, February 12, 2010

Thing #6


I really enjoyed learning about mash-ups and 3rd party sites. I feel like I am on a technology playground. My favorite application was the jigsaw maker in http://bighugelabs.com/. I was able to create a jigsaw of my family. Who knew I would ever see my family inside a jigsaw puzzle? This could also be done by incorporating pictures from http://www.flickr.com/creativecommons/. I can really see how mash-ups could be used in a classroom. I believe the students could be engaged in a project where they can have some creative freedom with pictures and writing. My own children are working on biographies in their 3rd grade class and I think it would have been fun for them to create a trading card for their biography character.



2 comments:

VWB said...

cute way to show off such a good-looking family!

Take a look at the tool bar in your post box and use the "chain" icon to highlight words and turn them into hot links...much cleaner look rather than the url in your posting. Take a look at some other blogs or regular webpages and you will see the difference. Easier reading!

esss said...

Thanks for the links..browse them soon...
Essay Writing

Post a Comment